Hi, welcome to use Sonoff Pow! Sonoff Pow supports to monitor connected device’s real-time power, measure power usage for a specified period and check daily/monthly power usage. It supports 90~ 250V AC input, the max. current is 16A, the max. power is 3500W.
1. Download “eWeLink” app.
Search “eWeLink” in APP Store for iOS version or Google play for Android version.
2. Wiring instruction
3. Add device
1. Power up your device.
2. Press the button for 7 seconds until the green LED blinks like this: blinks 3 times and on repeatedly.
3. Please click the “Add” icon on eWeLink to search device.
For Android, please select the 1st icon, click next.
For iOS, you will see two pairing method icons to select. Please select the corresponding icon, then click next.
The App will auto-search the device.
4. Input your home SSID & password:
4.1 If no password, keep it blank.
4.2 Now eWeLink only support 2.4G WiFi communication protocol, 5G-WiFi is not supported.
5. Next, the device will be registered by eWelink and add it to your account，it takes 1-3 minutes.
6. Name the device to complete.
7. Maybe the device is “Offline” on eWeLink, for the device needs 1 minute to connect to your router and server. When the green LED on, the device is “Online”, if eWeLink shows still “Offline”, please close eWeLink and re-open.
3. APP features
1. Remote ON/OFF
Turn on/off by tapping on device icon. Device state and real-time power will simultaneously display on the interface.
2. Tap 1 to measure device’s power usage for a period of time. Tap “start” to count the power usage, and tap “stop” to stop counting.
3. Tap 2 to check daily and monthly power usage.
4. Share Control
The owner can share the devices to other eWeLink accounts. While sharing devices, both should stay online on eWeLink. Because if the account you want to share is not online, he/she will not receive the invitation message.
How to make it possible? Firstly click Share, input the eWeLink account (phone number or email address) you want to share, tick the timer permissions (edit/delete/change/enable) you want to give, then click Next. The other account will receive an invitation message. Click Accept, the device has shared successfully. The other user will have access to control the device.
Support max 8 enabled single/repeat/countdown timing schedules each device. Preset timers can work even network is unavailable, but the device must keep power on.
6. Scene/Smart Scene
Scene allows triggering on/off your devices automatically. Scene Settings is in the upper right corner of Device List. You can set up scenes or smart scenes to trigger on/off Sonoff Pow.
Users should select “Click to execute” in the condition, add different existing devices, name the scene and save it.
7. Security mechanism
One device one owner. Other people can not add the devices that have already been added.
It will auto-remind you of new firmware or version. Please update as soon as you can.
4. Problems and solutions
Read the detailed FAQ on Itead Smart Home Forum.
If below answers can’t solve your problem, please submit a feedback on eWeLink.
1. My device has added successfully but stays “Offline”.
Answers: The newly added device need 1-2 min to connect to your router and the Internet. If it stays offline for a long time, please judge the problem by the green led status:
1.1. Green led quickly blinks one time and repeats, which means device failed to connect to the router. The reason may be you have entered wrong WiFi password or your device is too far away from the router, which causes a weak WiFi signal. The device can not be added to the 5G-wifi-router, only the 2.4G-wifi is OK. At last, make sure that your router is MAC-open.
1.2. Green led slowly blinks one time and repeats, which mean the device has connected to router and server but failed to be added to the device list. Then power on the device again, if it still not working, just add the device again.
1.3. Green led quickly blinks twice and repeats, this means the device has connected to the router but failed to connect to the server. Then please confirm your WiFi router works normally.
2. Why the APP can’t find the device in pairing status?
Answers: That’s because of your phone’s cache. Please close the WLAN of your phone then open it after a minute. At the same time, please power off the device if you can, then power up to try again.
3. My WiFi is expired, can I connect the devices to LAN?
Answers: Currently this product does not support LAN or cannot connect to the hotspot. It must connect to the WiFi router.
4. The green led keeps off, even if the device is powered on. Press the button but the device does not work.
Answers: The circuit may be broken, please send it back for testing. Return shipping postage and packaging will be at buyer’s expense, if the device is damaged by the buyer, and the buyer should bear extra repair cost.